This project is read-only.

Running EnhSim in Batch

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Hi,

I'd like to use EnhSim in batch to test a number of different configs at once using a bash script under Linux. 

Currently EnhSim runs fine using Wine (it appears) and it providing the correct output, etc, from what I can tell.  Unfortunately the program does not release the console after completing a single run and instead hangs there waiting for user input before getting a commandline back.  This serverely hampers the ability to provide it a list of config files and to just run through them.  I've tried the "output=" switch in hopes that having a default output would let the program exit after normal operation, and it doesn't.

Since I don't have a Windows machine to test the program on, maybe someone can tell me if this is standard behaviour for the sim?  Does it release the console in Windows?  If not.. why not?  Is there a command switch I'm missing which circumvents this behaviour?

TIA

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM

If you run the sim normally it will wait for user input to show the user the output in the command window instead of only in the output file. To avoid the input you can just use the 'nopause' option in additional to the normal commandline options. For example: enhsim.exe config.txt output=output.txt nopause