This project is read-only.

Cannot load EnhsimGUI

Jan 22, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I have been using a really old version of Enhsim (rarely), and realised it's about time to update. But then I realised why I was using this version - the new version(s) (tried the second latest as well) fail to load and a message pops up with "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.". I have tried reinstalling with no luck, googled the error and it seems to be related to C++.

As I don't have much of a programming brain, I didn't have much clue about what to do even after reading the multiple posts and suggestions that people are writing. However I tried my best to look into it and realised the enhsim.dll file has this line

<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT" version="9.0.21022.8" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>

I looked through my WinSxS folder and found a folder named "x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_x-ww_6f74963e" which would appear to be the corresponding folder to that line. However typically there was nothing in the folder. I am assuming that this is the problem and the reason to why my enhsimgui.exe is failing to load.

As I said earlier, I don't have much clue about this kind of thing which is why I am posting, so I might of gone off in the wrong direction somewhere. I can at least say i've tried.

I hope someone can help with this. All attempts at doing so are appreciated.

P.S. After playing around my old version no longer works either. (Same problem) However it was working before while the new version still wasn't.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:33 PM
Edited Jan 22, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Try installing the redistributable packs from these locations:

Base: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

SP1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Afterward I'd suggest running Windows Update because there have since been hot fixes to these files.