This project is read-only.

Error inner spell hit cap?

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Hi, I'm using EnhSim to calculate EP to help determine the best stat. I found it seemed incorrect in summarizing the spell hit. I have 14.56% spell hit through gear and 3% spell hit debuff through faerie fire, in other words total 17.56% spell hit which goes past the cap 0.56%. However when I calculated EP values, it reported I was overcapped by 1.70364%. I also tried to manually decrease the spell hit in enhsimgui to 13.95% but in the info window it still reported past cap with spells, and finally found the accepted value seemed to be 12.85% which stopped the window reporting overcapped. I'm not sure whether this value means that the inner spell hit cap was set to 15.85% rather than the expected 17%? Thanks for your attention.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:30 PM

The cap is indeed 17% however what you are forgetting is that you are asking it to add the EP step value for hit onto that. Now you didn't quote your config.txt file but assuming you aren't changing the default that is 30 hit rating. So you have 14.56%+3% + 30 hit rating = 1.14% (26.23199272 hit rating = 1% spell hit). Giving a total of 18.7 or 1.70% over cap. Exactly what you were seeing. Note that the actual text is "EP hit goes past cap with spells" ie: its the EP step that takes you past the cap.

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Thanks very much for your reply. It was actually my fault of misunderstanding the text. And all of your explanation were accurate including the 30 hit rating in my default config file. Thus I can completely believe the best stat that the EnhSim tells.