How to export into Alpha 2.0.6 and beyond

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I am unable to export from Rawr 2.3.23 into Enhsim Alpha 2.0.6. I know Rawr is still using live talents/stats, etc from what I can find. Is there a way to export my stats into the Enhsim Alpha other than Rawr or is there an Alpha rawr I am unable to find? I am really eager to do some hardcore simming but right now I have to manually enter info into Enhsim. I will still sim this way. Just trying to see if there are any other options at the moment.

Oct 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Rawr.Enhance hasn't been updated to any sort of Alpha/Cata capacity at this stage, so the export to Enhsim option isn't likely to work.  Not sure whether ShockandAwe has that capacity at this stage either (been a while since I've used it, but I know that Levva has started to Cata it).

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Getting ShockAndAwe to load in patch 4.0/ptr/beta without crashing with dozens of errors has been the initial challenge. It is now moderately stable although has zero new functionality and things like export to EnhSim is not even touched at present. In fact I'd be surprised if it doesn't just crash if you tried it simply because it can't find things like your 51pt talent in Enhance.

I will NOT be updating Rawr.Enhance, I pass that baton to someone else, although I may revisit it closer to patch 4.1.0 (ie: not before summer next year). ShockAndAwe might get updated to work for EnhSim it might not, at this stage I'm not sure I'll be playing Levva as my main when patch 4.0 hits.

If someone wants to volunteer to assist then that assistance will be greatly welcomed, otherwise you might just be hand coding your config files for the next 6-9 months at least.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Thought that I would pop back in and say that I will endeavor to get the Export to Enhsim function working over the next few days for Rawr4.Enhance (which is the Alpha version of Rawr).  However, you will have to build it yourself as there won't be an official release of it for a little bit.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2010 at 7:27 AM

One issue that still needs to be figured out is how to deal with the AP buff from Unleashed Rage.  As of today, both Rawr and ShockAndAwe both copy over the AP value without the 10% buff from SR.  But somebody entering stats manually will typically just enter the paperdoll stats which automatically have the 10% AP added in from UR.  So how should the sim handle this?  Should it automatically assume if somebody has UR the AP amount is boosted by 10% and automatically deduct it?  That would imply that we have Rawr and ShockAndAwe change to automatically include the 10% AP boost from UR when doing the export.  Other ideas?

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Because it was getting confusing on how to input stats into the sim, now attack power is entered into the sim exactly how it is shown in the paper doll.  That means it will automatically include any buff from Unleashed Rage.  Now I'm not really sure which will be easier for ShockAndAwe and Rawr.  Do those two have easier access to the pure unbuffed version of those stats?  Or do these typically also get direct access to the self-buffed version of those stats?  We can make import work either way.  Right now it assumes that importing stats also are paper doll versions.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Enhance hasn't been updated to any sort of Alpha/Cata capacity at this stage, so the export to Enhsim option isn't likely to work.  Not sure whether ShockandAwe has that capacity at this stage either (been a while since I've used it, but I know that Levva has started to Cata it). - i agree this.

grants to pay bills