This project is read-only.

EnhSim 1.9.8.10 and Xcode version 3.2.2

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM

After having type out a pages-long response here to make sure everything was included and easy to read, only to have lost it by accidentally browser-back clicking, I'm not retyping it all. Instead, I'll just keep it brief.

First, has anyone been able to successfully compile EnhSim with Xcode 3.2.2 on Snow Leopard? I cannot.

I have followed the VERY old instructions (from 2008) that I found both on the old EnhSim website, as well as the EnhSim post at EJ forums. They're obviously outdated, because they refer to files that aren't there, tell you to make changes that have already been made, and include files that are already included. All this to be hit with over 600 compile errors, half having to do with Boost files and folders not existing (even though I've put them into header search paths as instructed), and the other half with tons of "Redefinition of 'class std::numeric_limits", conflicting declarations, and so forth. (MOST of these seem to have to do with "limits.hpp".

Giving up on compiling it myself, I then noticed the current source code full-download on codeplex already includes an Xcode project file, which I loaded instead. Same compile errors. Deleted everything and re-downloaded the entire source code package from codeplex, opened up /EnhSim-49513/EnhSim/build/Release/EnhSim in terminal, passed it the current config.txt included with the regular Wintel download, and got the following results:

% ./EnhSim config.txt 
Trinket comets_trail not found.
Trinket tiny_abomination_in_a_jar not found.
Totem totem_of_the_avalanche not found.
Set bonus t9_battlegear_4 not found.
bloodlust_casters not found from config.
Config is incomplete. Fix the above config options and rerun EnhSim.

Obviously, the config IS complete, as it's the one included with EnhSim. So this led me to believe the EnhSim build for mac that's included in the source code download isn't actually a successful build at all.

Now, since I haven't seen any talk of a Mac version of EnhSim since January of this year, I assume the effort is most likely dead? Or has moved on to a new place that I simply cannot find via Google? If not, does anyone have any tips on getting _current_ versions of EnhSim (as they're released) to compile properly with Xcode? I'd be forever appreciative.

Thanks very much

Aug 15, 2010 at 6:25 AM

I'm not sure anybody is actively supporting the Mac version right now.  I have no way to build it myself, so it's not something I can support myself.

Aug 15, 2010 at 6:42 AM

Yeah, I didn't think anyone was either. Which is mostly why I posted here... If there's any way that I _CAN_ help, let me know. However, I'll admit, I'm not really sure what to do. ;)

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Hello,

I have justed checked out EnhSim in Xcode via svn, and with a few small tweaks I got it to compile on my Mac, and it seems to work (I've pasted some output from a run using Releases/config.txt). I can see that I can upload a patch that you can review, except I'm not sure what to upload using the Upload Patch page, do I upload the new Xcode project file, or do I upload a diff? Or something else?

DPS                 11728.91

MPS                 32.63

MP2min              3915.79

MRPS                325.33

Out of mana time    0.00%
elapsed simulation time: 5000.00h

elapsed real time: 22.33s

simulation speed: 806261x

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Hallelujah!  I have been too busy to try to compile this bc/ of work but I'm glad to see you got it working.  I'm sure that the project would love to have your updates so that all the Mac users out there can still use EnhSim.   Worst case scenario I'd like your diffs/Xcode project file.  :-)

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I've uploaded the .pbxproj file to the patch section. I haven't used XCode before, so I'm not sure if I need to upload more than that.

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Hey hempel thanks for working on this.

I have Xcode and all the developer tools but am not terribly familiar with how to get everything running (and I'm sure I'm not the only one). Would you mind throwing up a quick how-to on using your project file?

Nov 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I think the easiest is if someone can submit the updated project file, then you can just update to the newest version and it should hopefully build.

In the meantime you can find the EnhSim.xcodeproj file in the Finder, right-click and select "Show Package Contents". There you will find the project.pbxproj file that you should be able to overwrite with the updated one. After that it should simply be a matter of opening the project in XCode and selecting build. It is of course only the command line version of EnhSim that can be built, but that is the most important bit.

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to my original comment, but I have downloaded Hempel's updated project file and compiled the latest version of the source code and it compiles perfectly cleanly.  I haven't tested it yet, but will do so as I have time this afternoon.   

I have this built up fine as noted and it seems to run fine.  I don't however have access to a Windows machine that I can test this against to see if it's working the same as the Windows version, but using the standard config file included in the released 2.1.1 version, I'm getting the following:

DPS                 12022.92

MPS                 32.31

MP2min              3876.84

MRPS                327.35

Out of mana time    0.00%

elapsed simulation time: 5000.00h

elapsed real time: 65.50s

simulation speed: 274797x

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I've updated the source code with Hempel's updated project file.  Once we get out of the current alpha stage, it would be great if somebody could get a new MacOS build ready.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Thank's :)

how to win the lottery